lets try this again. this will be another men/women confessions post.
the last post listed 10 things that annoy men about women. i thought the list was great and the discussion, when on topic, was fun and light hearted.
its important for us to take responsibility and be willing to admit we can be a nuisance to the opposite sex.
i know. shocking. but true.
honestly…i didnt find many lists from the womens side. and none i found were deep or personal or attacking the mans character. most were annoyances over household issues.
so, i ultimately settled on a list written my men. its fun! i loved it! here are their top 10 admitted nuisances along with some excerpts. to see the whole post, go here.
10. we leave a wake of empty containers - We’ll pour water into near-empty shampoo bottles to maximize whatever’s left; we’ll leave behind a thimbleful of milk in the carton instead of throwing it out. Heck, we’ll even leave a toilet paper roll with one square remaining and wipe with our shirts if we have to. So long as there’s just a teeny, tiny bit left, we won’t be the ones responsible for disposing of it and, more importantly, buying a replacement.
9. we splash the mirror when we brush our teeth – Let’s face it: We’re territorial creatures at best. Therefore, leaving behind a little white glob of toothpaste after we’ve brushed is just our way of marking our territory. It says, “I’ve been here and I’m cavity-free.
8. we leave hair in the sink after shaving – All men hate the actual process of shaving. It’s time-consuming, painful and a miserable way to start the day. Therefore, as a sign of protest, we elect to leave our pesky little beard trimmings in the sink to show ‘em who’s boss.
7. we use 10 drinking glasses a day instead of one - Why use the same dirty, germ-ridden glass time after time when you could enjoy a crisp, sanitized one whenever you like? Besides, what fun is there in having possessions if you never use them?
6. we pee on the toilet seat - Granted, this is one of our least pardonable offenses, but it wouldn’t have to be if women simply left the toilet seat up in the first place. Since women need to sit down to relieve themselves, it’s easy for them to bring the seat down with them in one fluid motion. We men, on the other hand, have to bend down, lift the seat, begin peeing, and then bend down again to return the seat when we’re done. We go to the washroom to pee, not to perform calisthenics.
5. we litter the ground with laundry – It’s far more fun to throw our clothes here and there as if a bomb went off in our closet.
4. we dont do housework – When it comes to home repairs and renovations, men are king. Hey, if God had wanted us to sweep and dust, he would have given us feathers instead of fingers.
3. we burp and fart indiscriminately – Scientists and academics often comment upon what a shame it is that we use only 10% of our brains. For most men, the same reasoning applies to our sphincters and throats. Like any other part of our body, these muscles need to be kept in shape. They [women] should be flattered that we’re comfortable enough around them to risk sharting ourselves. At the end of the day, isn’t that what love is all about?
2. we develop a martyr complex when we get sick - When men get sick we go into a Shakespearian death throe, certain we’re on the verge of sputtering out our last breath. We collapse wherever is convenient… It’s not subtle, but more often than not it gets us the attention we crave.
1. we channel surf rapidly (and seemingly aimlessly) - As King of the Castle, we consider it our right to rule the remote control with an iron fist. Making matters worse is the lightning-fast speeds at which we flip through the channels — so fast as to trigger epileptic seizures seven households away.
i seriously found this list so funny. it almost makes their annoyances charming when you read their explanations.
see? communication is key
well, women of this fine community…do you agree with this list? what would you add?
how about you, you charming fellas…do you agree with these men? are there any other annoyances youd like to confess to?